What Kind of USVI Vacationer Are You?
Are you getting ready to plan a trip to the US Virgin Islands, but aren’t sure what to add to your itinerary? Take our quiz to find out what kind of USVI vacationer you are and which of the following things to do in St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix best matches your liking.
It’s 8:00 AM – where are you?
- Are you kidding me? I’m still asleep at my hotel or resort. Why get up early on vacation? (+1)
- I’ve already watched the sunrise from the top of Drake’s Seat on St. Thomas, and I am beginning the hike back down. (+2)
- I’ve just gone to bed after dancing all night long downtown St. Thomas and conversing with some new friends. (+3)
- I’m having breakfast at a quirky locally owned café, getting ready to check out the local museums and art galleries in St. Croix. (+4)
What would be your ideal birthday present?
- A day off from work and a gift certificate for a full day of pampering at a luxury spa. (+1)
- Tickets to a concert or a music festival and new sunglasses. (+2)
- A handmade leather journal, some organic locally made artisanal hot sauce and tickets to an art gallery opening. (+4)
- A new pair of hiking boots and a Fitbit so that I can track my activity. (+3)
What will you be eating on your USVI vacation?
- Beans cooked over a fire, granola bars and trail mix. (+3)
- You’ll be taking a cooking class to learn how to make the local cuisine. (+4)
- Anything that you can order from room service and eat on your own terrace while admiring the view. (+1)
- Greasy street food at 3am to refuel after a night of dancing. (+2)
What do your feet look like?
- Rough, calloused and blistered – perhaps even missing a couple of toenails. (+3)
- Soft and freshly pedicured. (+1)
- Clad in the hottest brand name kicks (+2)
- Sporting unique and colourful shoes made by a local designer. (+4)
The Sun Lounger (4-7 points)
Your US Virgin Islands getaway has one purpose only – to allow you to relax and recharge your batteries. The only exertion you are interested in is climbing up onto the massage table at they luxurious resort you’re staying at. You’re the type of USVI vacationer who is raising your arm to get the attention of the poolside bartender, so they can bring you another fruity drink.
The Party Animal (8-10 points)
Your main mission on vacation is to drink, dance, party and have fun. US Virgin Islands nightlife is fantastic, and you can spend those warm tropical evenings dancing the night away to local musicians at bars such as Caribbean Saloon, Red Hook, Duffy’s Love Shack and Molly Malones. You could even tour the Cruzan Rum Distillery and participate in the tasting.
Intrepid Adventurer (11-13)
You are the adventurous, outdoor USVI vacationer – eager to leave no corner of the islands unexplored. Your getaway will be packed with hiking, snorkeling, horseback riding and much more. This island is incredibly rich in natural beauty with so many amazing hiking trails, so get out there and explore!
The Culture Vulture (14-16)
You’re a geeky, artsy foodie who loves to soak up the local culture, whether that means looking at it, listening to it, reading it or eating it. You’ll have a great time sampling some of the local Caribbean cuisine, marvelling at the locally-made art and handicrafts and checking out the French Heritage Museum, the St. Thomas Historical Trust or the Virgin Islands Council on the Arts.
Now that you know which type of USVI vacationer you are, let’s get your trip of a lifetime planned!